We’d like to introduce our very first guest; Richard Holdman. Haven’t heard of him? That doesn’t surprise us, but we guarantee you’ve seen the video that’s made him an Internet star: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnk0KjWxgMA
Richard is an extreme Christmas lighting enthusiast – he has one of those houses with a hundred-thousand lights all flashing and blinking in time to the music. No only is he a viral-video sensation on the ‘net, but he’s taken his hobby and turned pro. The last few years he’s moved from a light show on his house, to giant light shows in malls and public spaces around the world.
Richard talks to us about the hobby, issues with neighbors and HOAs, and going pro and taking his special talents around the world. If you want to get in touch with Richard about any lighting projects, his website is Holdman Lighting. You can also email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-341-XMAS.
So why are we talking about Christmas lights in early January? Well, extreme Christmas light decorating is an interesting hobby, but it’s one that takes a lot of time. If you’re interested in the hobby you need to get started – like – yesterday. We’ve provided a bunch of links below to help get you started!
Richard’s tutorials/behind-the-scenes: http://www.holdman.com/christmas/projects.asp
- Christmas Decorating Vendors
- Holiday Coro (http://www.holidaycoro.com)
- Seasonal Entertainment (http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com)
- ATCAM (http://www.allthingschristmasandmore.com/)
- Creative Displays, Inc (http://www.creativedisplays.com)
- SanDevices Pixel Controllers (http://www.sandevices.com)
- Light O Rama (http://www.lightorama.com)
- Magic in the Sky Lighting (http://www.magicintheskylighting.com)
- Holiday Light Express (http://www.holiday-light-express.com)
- Christmas LEDs (http://www.Christmas-leds.com)
- Christmas Light Show (http://www.christmaslightshow.com)
- Ray Wu’s Store (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799)
- Community Web Sites
- Software to Control Lights