Hey – you probably like the show if you’re reading this; so hows about you go and nominate us for a Podcast Award over at http://PodcastAwards.com – that’d be just swell!
- Amazon releases a new, $290 Kindle. Looks pretty nice, but that price tag… Ouch!
- Sprint airs a commercial where they actually call T-Mobile customers “ghetto”. Okay, we get that it’s a group of “real people” voicing their opinions, but who on earth thought it was a good idea to let that out to air?
- Researchers have built a neural net to colorize monochrome photos and – for the most part – they’re amazing. Go check them out and see for yourself at http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/02/neural-net-colorizes-black-and-white-photos/
- Initial pre-production reviews of Tesla’s Model 3 are out and Jeff is talking about them. Surprisingly, he’s more bullish on the Chevy Bolt!
- Moleskine is trying to bridge the digital divide with a new – very expensive – product line of a digital ink pen (like, a real ink pen) and specially printed notebooks (which they seem to be un-ironically calling “tablets”) that work together to capture notes and transfer them to your digital device du jour (smartphone, tablet, etc.)
What we love
Jeff loves his Story Leather Phone Case: http://amzn.to/1SO6KZP
Jacob loves his TP-LINK AV500 Nano Powerline Network Adapter: http://amzn.to/1SfriAf