The guys are back, talking tech. Dig into this episode of techy, geeky, goodness!
Category Archives: Episodes
Jacob & Todd are back for another episode (while Jeff is nursing a wicked bad headache) and talking tech. Lots to cover in this episode, so go ahead and jump right in!
Some video clips discussed in this episode:
What we love:
Jacob loves his MilestonePod for tracking foot activity while running. Just $22… Cheap! http://amzn.to/2usBbl3
Todd loves the movie “The Big Sick”: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_big_sick/
The guys are back with more tech talk. Jacob and Todd bemoan their move to an open concept office. What will beat back the noise of too many bodies crammed into a “shared” space? Why… noise generators of course!
Got an open office horror story to tell? Share it with the guys!
In tech news – some of the ARKit demos being showed off in the iOS11 betas are mind blowing. Check out some of the videos in these links and prepare to be amazed. Google needs to get on the ball with project Tango before they get left in the dust!
Pretty amazing stuff…
The guys are back, talking tech. This week they cover Amazon’s purchase of Whole Foods, listener feedback, the new iPad Pro 10.5″, and more!
This week the guys are geeking out on all Apple, all episode. It’s time for another annual installment of the WWDC roundup recap spectacular. What did Apple announce and how do the guys feel about it with the reality distortion force field wiped away?
What we love
Jeff loves the new DC franchise-feature blockbuster: Wonder Woman. Double thumbs-up from Jeff! http://wonderwomanfilm.com/
Jacob loves the Netflix original show F is for Family. The second season just came out. What are you waiting for? Go… watch it now! https://www.netflix.com/title/80028732
Todd loves his new Kobalt Electric Pole Saw. Got some sawing up high you need doing? This baby’ll tackle it with ease: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-40-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Li-ion-8-in-Cordless-Electric-Pole-Saw/1000180467
The guys are back & talking tech. Tune to and hear all there is to hear.
Oh, check out Todd’s cool Richard Petty Driving Experience video. Go fast & turn left!
What we love
Todd loved his Richard Petty Driving Experience: https://www.drivepetty.com/race-tracks/daytona-international-speedway?gclid=Cj0KEQjwgODIBRCEqfv60eq65ogBEiQA0ZC5-U8khS6Ku-goe9vAVF4ShTxjpuZXWGRXrPigZSWGRK0aAob_8P8HAQ
Jeff loves his Apple AirPods: https://www.apple.com/airpods/
Jacob loves his Dr.meter decibel meter: http://amzn.to/2ruaOfB
The guys survived the great midwestern rains of 2017 to bring another tech-filled show right to your ears!
This week Howie calls in & shares tech, money, and beer with the guys. Always a solid, winning combination!
Steve Ballmer is chasing money for the government in his golden years. He’s invested in, and launched, the website USAFacts.org to serve as a financial watchdog for government revenue and expenses. See where your money is going & be informed!
IBM is a bigger player in cloud services than you might realize. They’ve just opened 4 new data centers in the United States with plans to open 4 more this year. They now have 55 total, global data centers dedicated to cloud services!
All this and more – tune in to hear what else is on this week’s show!
What we love:
Jacob loves his Amazon Basics foam roller: http://amzn.to/2qp8arn
Todd loves his Logitech G35 gaming headset: http://amzn.to/2q0Pqx1
This week on the show the guys are back, talking tech. Did Jacob find and buy a new car? Did Jeff’s connection problems from last week get resolved? Find out on this week’s episode!
Todd has some crazy-interesting Excel facts. Seriously, if you’re an Excel geek they’ll blow your mind.
Listener John writes in and shares his thoughts on Lenovo and the Superfish debacle from last year-ish with the guys.
After grousing about credit card security in the last episode, the guys find an article where Mastercard is trialing a credit card with a built-in fingerprint reader. If the tests go smoothly, potentially by the end of the year you’ll be able to get a Mastercard that will require your fingerprint physically on the card to authenticate a transaction. It’s probably not the magic bullet needed to prevent credit card fraud, but it should certainly help.
What are the 5 things Android does better than iOS? Todd found a list and the guys discuss them all. And to be fair to iOS, there’s also a list of the 5 things that iOS does better than Android. Which side do you fall on?
What we love:
Jeff loves the Disney movie Moana: http://amzn.to/2pxAtmV
Todd loves his Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4A02VB7102
Jacob loves the movie, Hacksaw Ridge: http://amzn.to/2ou0bbX
This week Jacob contemplates the worst possible thing; buying a car and dealing with car salesmen. Jeff actually likes this nonsense? Inconceivable!
This week on the show:
- Jeff and Todd give their rundown between Evernote and One Note. Which is their favorite? Which is your favorite? They give some compelling reasons to give both note-taking platforms a good, hard look. Depending on your needs, one may be better suited to the way you like to work and organize yourself.
- The Galaxy S8 is here and it’s absolutely gorgeous. Todd gives a rundown on specs and the guys generally just drool over it. You definitely can’t say Samsung hasn’t put out a brilliantly made (and looking) phone with the last few Galaxy generations.
- Some fun YouTube facts abound. Did you know that at the current rate YouTube is growing, you wouldn’t be physically able to watch all of the content that was uploaded just yesterday in your lifetime? Now just ponder for a moment – if you will – that YouTube has 12 years of content online!
What we love:
Jeff loves his Harry’s Razor: https://www.harrys.com/
Jacob loves his ThinOPTICS reading glasses: http://amzn.to/2o5yiqD
Todd loves the movie Hidden Figures: http://amzn.to/2otjVaO
It’s been a few weeks since all three of the No Better Nerds were all present at the same time, on the same show! What’s on deck for this episode?
- Early reports from hands-on with the new Samsung Galaxy S8 seem to indicate that the new facial recognition feature on the S8 can be bypassed with a photo. Samsung did mention that not all features on the S8 can be unlocked with facial recognition; notably mobile payments and accessing the devices secure folder require the use of the device’s other biometric features to access.
- It turns out that LeEco isn’t LeBuying Vizio after all. Heck, they’re having difficulties making March payroll for their US employees (all 500 of them)
- Is Verizon spying on you? Yes! No! Maybe… The EFF originally pointed out that Verizon was going to be installing a launcher called “AppFlash” on their Android handsets that would allow Big Red to monitor which apps you use, where you go on the Internet and more. Verizon clarified their position saying they were going to be conducting a trial of AppFlash on the LG K20 V and it would be opt-in only. So… good news?
- Amazon is partnering with brick and mortar stores to introduce Amazon Cash. You roll into a store, show them a barcode on your smartphone (or even print it out on a piece of paper) and then give them cash. The money ($15 to $500 in a single transaction) is instantly available on your Amazon account to spend. Interesting concept and one Amazon hopes will help them reach an estimated 27% of unbanked and under-banked Americans.
- Last week, Tesla’s market value eclipsed Ford’s at a staggering $47.8 billion USD. This week, Tesla’s market value surpassed GM’s as a whopping $51 billion. The market and investors love Tesla, apparently. How high can they go? Fun fact, in the first quarter of 2017 Tesla built and sold 25,000 vehicles against GM’s 690,000.
What we love
Jacob loves the book “Flash Boys” by Michael Lewis (author of The Big Short and Moneyball). A fascinating look into high-frequency trading (HFT) on Wall Street. http://amzn.to/2owuDkz
Todd loves the icon theme pack for Android; Velur. It’ll cost you a buck to re-theme your phone. Cheap! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vertumus.velur
Jeff loves his Clockwork Synergy Blue Vintage Leather band for his Apple Watch. https://www.clockworksynergy.com/shop/tech-straps/straps-for-apple-watch/premium-leather/blue-vintage-leather-bands-apple-watch/